Saturday, January 19, 2008

President McCain?

Can I get used to saying that? Y'know, I was a reluctant Bush voter in 2000 but I was pleasantly surprised. I have been saying all along, and I'm certainly not alone, that this is such a historically odd election season that all the old rules go out the window. One rule that hasn't been thrown out yet, and may not be until after Super Tuesday, is that the Republican winner in SC goes on to be the party's nominee for the general election.

McCain is giving, at this time, a fairly decent acceptance speech for his win in SC, and I know he dearly wants the old adage about SC to be true, but is it? Keep watching, we simply don't know. While it is true that McCain will probably get a bounce out of this Romney still has strong support in many parts of the country, Rudy is still holding out for a strong showing in FL, and I don't think we know yet what will happen with Huckabee. I think we have seen the last of Fred Thompson, but if the rumors are true that if he's out he'll support McCain he might be able to sway staunch conservatives over to McCain's path by being an influence on McCain's balance of his campaign.

Hillary took another win in NV, even with the culinary worker's union standing behind Obama. It is starting to look clearer now that whoever the Republicans send up, he HAS to be able to beat Hillary. There is nothing more frightening for conservatives than four more years of Clintons and possible Hillary health care.

President McCain...has a nice ring for some I'm sure. I am not convinced yet. I do think Cindy McCain would make a lovely first lady...she has great taste and is beautiful but not showy. While looks and image aren't everything I have to tell you that with women especially, first physical impressions can make or break an image. But, the REAL important thing here is delegates. Start counting...the big count will be February 5.

No comments: